Flying to California from Maine. One wouldn't think it would be that difficult, right? So wrong. After driving 3 hours from Blue Hill to Portland (the closest airport), the United agent explained that my flight's been delayed and that I wouldn't make my connection in Chicago. So, he rebooked me on an alternate flight and assured me that I should be okay. One lightning storm and five hours later I find myself reclaiming my checked bag in Portland and awaiting the shuttle which will deliver me to my Mazda, which I parked in the long-term lot just hours before. It seems as if the best viable option for me--to ensure that I'll make my friend
Megan's Saturday afternoon wedding, is to drive to Boston, sleep over, and take the first BOS-LAX flight out the following morning. The only consolation is that through all my negotiations with station agents I've been bumped to first class.
Twenty-seven hours after my journey began, I arrive in LA. I've just enough time to take a shower, grab a bite to eat, and hop in the car to get myself to the ceremony. I was super exhausted at the wedding, but it was great to see so many blasts from the past. And the experience really sharpened the
Amazing Race competitor in me. In the event that Matt ever changes his mind and decides he'll be my teammate, I'm confident we could take it. I mean, a couple of
hippies won it all last season!
I am actually taking a vaycay from Maine and will be here in LA for a wedding double header: one down, one to go on Saturday the 5th.
No comments:
Post a Comment