Having attended three weddings in four weeks, I can safely say I'm exhausted. It was really important to me to be a part of these weddings; all three of the couples are so well-suited for one another. The three ceremonies and receptions were so different and it's nice to see that nowadays cookie cutter affairs are eschewed for parties that reflect personalities. One "nautical casual" wedding took place on a boat in upstate NY (and the reception was in a bowling alley!); Megan's brother (having recently become an
ordained minister through the Universal Life Church) officiated the ceremony at an citrus grove-lined historic park in Riverside, CA; and
Alexis and Mike's party was in this awesome California Mission revival building, formerly a library.
Now, I'm back in Maine. It took a long time to make it back from the country's southwest to the oh-so-very northeast, but I'm here. And, now that I'm halfway done with my internship, I really need to hunker down and get busy.
In the meantime, here are some photos from the adventures...
Pre-Wedding 4th Celebration: Me & Alexis
Matt may never want to see a paper lantern ever again, but I know Lex & Mike appreciated all of our diligent reception set-up work...
Rio Reunion: Matt, Alison & me
I heart photo booths! Ali was actually traveling with me when I met Matt in Rio in April 2005 -- it was the night we arrived in Brazil.
No comments:
Post a Comment