
The week has been so fun & exhausting. Not only did I host visitors, but I also participated in a Summer Symposium that delivered over 30 film archivists and historians to our tiny port town. This year's theme, City & Country, seemed particularly in sync with my own life of late. For an academic "conference," it felt really comfortable and provided a ton of opportunities to casually chat with many of the scholars we've read in class. Trying not to spurt lobster juice everywhere when cracking the tail off a lobster at the big dinner was the hard part. Ah, Maine...
Now, it's hard to believe my little stint is wrapping up. I can count the days that remain on just two hands! I now find myself plagued by questions impossible to answer: did I take advantage of my time here enough? Did I savor the smells and sounds of the country? Did I really explore the rich film collection that's housed here to the fullest extent? Will I ever finish my internship project that's dragging on and on? I dunno. All I know is that I've really enjoyed my time, but find myself itching for the inspiration that's inherent in city life. Once I'm back in the land of concrete and steel, I know I'll crave that smell of pine and the feel of the cool ocean breeze.



No comments:
Post a Comment